At BAIG Security, safety is our #1 priority. We will provide you with some strategic safety procedures you can implement for the safety of you and your business this holiday season.
No matter the type of business you conduct, these tips will be effective in offering security.
PROTECTINg your people/staff
One of the most important assets to your business is your staff. Everyone deserves and should work in a safe working environment under safe working conditions. To protect your staff, some strategies to put into place are:
- Conduct a special hiring for the holiday season to have security guard(s).
- Employees that have high risk roles and positions retrain them on best safety practices that meet the standards of the company.
- Conduct staff training on security protocols and how best to de-escalate any potential threats they may encounter.
- If the company chooses to go without a security guard, assign specific staff/supervisors/managers for crowd control and monitor occupancy numbers inside business. Conduct exercises to practice.
- Implement strategic audits that focuses on internal controls.
- Ensure all staff are aware of emergency protocols and where to go if there are any impeding threats to the business.
- All assets are accounted for on a product list.
- Ensure all high value assets have security equipment attached and secured.
- Communicate with security company about holiday predictions and expectations.
- Install physical barriers for crowd control and monitor traffic flow.
- Schedule and assign specific staff to have access to security systems and conduct Open and Close procedures for the business.
- Hire security guard services for high-risk departments or site locations.
- Test all security systems and equipment before the holiday rush.
- Establish and constant revision of protocols for high value items.
- Give assigned security codes for management level staff for moving high value items.
- Review safety plans and ensure there is an Incident Response Team available for all shifts.
- Ensure there is a process for disposing of garbage and securing exterior bins.
- For Closing procedures ensure security lights are left on and merchandise is removed from windows.
- Conduct safety talks prior to each shift before and during the holiday season rush.
- Have designated areas where staff can go to check for daily message.
- Create code words staff can use to seek security support.
- Ensure the contact list for managers are UpToDate and readily available.
- Have your local police department phone number in an accessible area and ask them for any plans specific to your business that can be implemented.
- Review the security plans made by Mall management or property owner and share your security plan with them.
Having security is vital to operating your business during the holidays. Always be prepared, know your business protocols and train all staff to be vigilant, alert and how to de-escalate any potential threats to safety and security.
Want more information on the security services we offer at
For all questions, concerns or to request a quote, click the link below or visit our contact page.
Let us help you secure your business, people and assets.